Memento

Memento Project

The objective of this project was to select a memory and create a sculpture that visually communicated the meaning behind the memory. The sculpture was limited to no more than three materials and had to be held comfortably in ones hand. 

Materials:

Purple heart wood

Bees wax wood treatment


Statement

The memory I chose to inspire this project is one of my mom rocking me when I was younger. She always placed my head in the crook of her neck and sang Elvis' "Can't Help Falling In Love." This song has always reminded me of when I was little and my mom taking care of me.

The idea I had behind the sculpture was to create the crook of my mom's neck. The bottom of the piece is slightly rounded so that the work itself rocks mimicking the rocking from my memory. 


Memento sculpture

2 in. x  2 in.  x  2 in. 









Inspiration
Elvis Presley
"Can't Help Falling In Love."  

Olga Oreshyna


Elena Belmann






Comments